Facebook’s monthly active mobile users jumped by 22% in the UK in June – Read more on SimplyZesty
Facebook is now allowing brands and users to comment on posts with a photo. Giving brands more opportunity to engage in a different way.
Tumblr is bringing back the activity feed – allowing you to graph the latest activity on your blog, view your top fans and posts, and see all of your recent notifications. See other changes on Mashable.
5 brands using Instagram Video in a cool way. Of course Burburry are leading the way.
New App- Locket – is an Android application that delivers ads on smartphone lock screens and pays users for unlocking their phone. Each time a user wakes up the phone, instead of the Android default lock screen, a full-screen advertisement is displayed.Users swipe right to go to their home screen or swipe left to learn more about the ad. Either way, they get paid.
Social Media Fails
- Social Grammar is important – A Brazilian language school is using celebrities’ grammar and spelling ‘fails’ on Twitter and Facebook to teach children English.
- With people constantly having social mishaps it was only a matter of time before someone created a TV show about them.
Cool Campaign -Douwe Egberts ‘bye bye red eye’- Yawn for a coffee – The coffee company thought that people at an airport are more likely to be tired than anyone else. So put a coffee dispensing machine in an airport, the coffee was dispensed automatically when it sensed the person in front of the machine yawn.
- Honda “Hands” – Number one in this week’s viral videos is Honda for the. “Power of Dreams” campaign.
- IKEA – One Room Paradise Music Video. Bringing a dolls house to life.
- Old Spice brings back a bit of their randomness, with The Worst Architect in the World Video.
Written by Tom Gatenby